?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Vertical Prose


May 27th, 2008

taking a break @ 07:27 pm

 
Share  |  Flag |

Comments

 
From:(Anonymous)
Date:May 28th, 2008 07:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Howdy.
NY state. Well I was close. I thought I recognized the geography.

regarding molds: if you like the mold growing on the cheddar, and you experience no allergic reaction (it would be pretty mild anyway), then keep chomping. it's not harmful, just some people find it undesirable.

molds to avoid would be the red or the black kinds, and those tend to show up uninvited in cheese caves, not so much in household fridges.

natural rinds - such as those on stilton, VT Shepherd, Ossau-Iraty, and other similar aged cheeses - are not meant to be eaten. not only is the texture gritty, but the combo of bacteria and molds living there aren't good for human tummies.

if you have other cheese questions, contact me at cheesesnobwendy [at] yahoo [dot] com

hope that info helps! xoxo

Vertical Prose